In this position you will be responsible for setting up and tending grinding machines and variety of attachments to grind angles, contours, lines, in order to grind metal services. Must follow all instructions and charts during grinding procedure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate standard manufacturing equipment.
- Deburr, buff, or polish materials to specifications.
- Examine materials to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Examine work pieces for defects. Report all defects in material to the Grinding Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure assigned work is understood prior to commencing jobs.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area daily and/or when required.
- Adheres to Earnest Products Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements
- Performs other job responsibilities as required.
- Humidity level may be elevated during summer months
- Exposure to certain contaminants, at times.
- Exposure to loud noise levels, at times.
- This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
- This position requires long periods of standing
- The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, helmets and hearing protection is utilized daily.
- This position requires lifting and maneuvering 50lbs. without physical restrictions.
- This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional mandatory overtime.
Earnest Products is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School education and 1 – 2 years of related experience preferable.
- Secondary education preferred, but not necessary.
- Understanding of manufacturing tools and their proper use.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently.
- Good verbal communication skills. Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others.